[AusNOG] Eureka Tower 24ghz

Tom Berryman tom at connectivityit.com.au
Thu Apr 4 21:20:06 EST 2013

Thanks Ian,
The ACMA database only covers apparatus licenced point-to-point or other ACMA taxed frequencies- 24ghz is class licenced and limited aggressively to a low power output (like 2.4 and 5ghz) but is still capable of excellent throughput on short links and free from ACMA taxation and co-ordination. In cases where we co-locate on common frequencies I prefer to "self co-ordinate" with the other party to ensure no impedance to someone else's operations. That said, my experience with 24ghz says that its very unlikely we will see any interference under even close proximity operation.
(I would approve greatly of an ACMA run database to aid in "self co-ordinated" class licenced links!)
Cheers,
Tom.