[AusNOG] Warrnambool Exchange Fire Investigation Report

bobp bobp at purdon.id.au
Tue Apr 2 12:24:17 EST 2013

> Also being a telecommunication room, a VESDA system (or one alike)
> would
> be ideal. A dry pipe system also, not even sure if Halon still gets
> installed or is even allowed to be used.

I'm sure I read in the report that they already had VESDA/MASD systems
- the bit they were apparently short on was the suppression system.

I don't believe Halon gets installed any more - these days you're
probably looking at FM200, Inergen, Proinert, etc.

If the building is segregated into individual fire compartments then an
addressable system can significantly reduce the gas volume required.