[AusNOG] News: Minister Conroy contemplating Government-Funded undersea cable?

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Sep 28 14:10:18 EST 2012

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012, Damian Guppy wrote:

> The NBN is justified as a comms network in Australia is a natural monopoly, international cables are not so much and would be a
> bad move IMO

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/09/market-demand-knocks-down-regulatory-barriers-in-kansas-city-fiber-deployment/
argues that access isn't a natural monopoly. I don't know how well the
argument translates to the Australian regulatory environment though.

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |