[AusNOG] Telstra blacklist?

Cameron Beere cbeere at secure-iss.com
Wed Sep 26 17:28:19 EST 2012

Not sure if you're talking about a DNS RBL or some sort of custom blacklist Telstra maintain. I don't have any experience with the latter, but if it's the former...

We've found that some mail servers' DNS providers can occasionally cache DNSRBL entries, in which case it's just a matter of removing your server from the DNS RBL and waiting for the cached entry to expire. Telstra usually expires the entry within an hour or two, although some offenders (looking at you, Hosted Exchange) can keep the record there for a week or more. There are sometimes de-listing forms run by the mail hosts (not the RBLs) which can expedite the process, but I'm not aware of any run by Telstra. If anyone knows otherwise feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cameron