[AusNOG] Internode ADSL setup for Juniper SRX110

Peter Brown rendhalver at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 14:23:00 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to get my new SRX110 integrated into the network
here as the ADSL connection.
I have tried a couple of setup but neither of them worked completely correctly.

This one didn't establish a network connection.
    at-1/0/0 {
        description ADSL;
        mtu 1540;
        encapsulation atm-pvc;
        atm-options {
            vpi 8 {
                oam-period 100;
                oam-liveness {
                    up-count 200;
                    down-count 200;
                }
            }
        }
        dsl-options {
            operating-mode auto;
        }
        unit 0 {
            description InterNode;
            encapsulation atm-ppp-llc;
            vci 8.35;
            ppp-options {
                chap {
                    access-profile InterNode;
                    passive;
                }
            }
            family inet {
                address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/32;
            }
        }
    }

So I went searching and found another setup for using pppoe
This one seemed to establish a netowrk connection but the interface
had an IP of 10.0.0.1 and I couldn't connect to anything on the net.

at-1/0/0 {
    description ADSL;
    mtu 1540;
    encapsulation ethernet-over-atm;
    atm-options {
        vpi 8 {
            oam-period 100;
            oam-liveness {
                up-count 200;
                down-count 200;
            }
        }
    }
    dsl-options {
        operating-mode annexm-adsl2plus;
    }
    unit 0 {
        description InterNode;
        encapsulation ppp-over-ether-over-atm-llc;
        vci 8.35;
        shaping {
            ubr;
        }
}
pp0 {
    unit 0 {
        ppp-options {
            pap {
                access-profile InterNode;
            }
        }
        pppoe-options {
            underlying-interface at-1/0/0.0;
            idle-timeout 0;
            auto-reconnect 2;
            client;
        }
        family inet {
            negotiate-address;
        }
    }
}

We have a static IP so I did consider setting that on the pp0.0
interface but wasn't sure if that is the best way to do it.

Am I doing something wrong with my settings?
Thanks in advance.

Pete