[AusNOG] Traffic Shaping Appliances

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 28 17:07:50 EST 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012, Gary Buckmaster wrote:

> The BlueCoat (formerly Packeteer) devices are very effective.  Mind you, the
> price point is quite high, but the quality is there.

The EDUCAUSE Network Management group recently had a thread on this, quite
a few unis have ditched their Packeteers for NetEqualizers as they're a
lot cheaper:
http://www.educause.edu/discuss/networking-and-emerging-technologies/network-management-constituent-group/bandwidth-management

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |