[AusNOG] Warrnambool exchange

Daniel McConville fourdegrees at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 19:11:21 EST 2012

Well in this scenario mobile services are easier to restore or provide an
alternative (MEOW / SatCOW for example). If a fire fuses all the copper
together - that is a lot of work to restore individual services so this
Mayor fellow has some valid concerns. An OFDF melting is just as bad as a
Copper MDF Block.

Sure Mobile Towers/Cells use fibre back haul, but they cover a smaller
area... and back haul can be microwave also.

Just my 2c.

-Dan