[AusNOG] Warrnambool exchange

Jeffrey Sims jeffy at tehintartubes.net
Mon Nov 26 13:37:36 EST 2012

The whole tone of the article screams "What if the terrorists do it
again?", You know what if the exchange were made of cheese would the mice
still eat it?

We should be relying on Satellites and wireless, the crazy thing here is,
what if the ground station of the satellite catches fire? What if the
mobile tower falls over? It's all a large amount of "what ifs" and this
fire whilst preventable with FM200 realistically, you can plan for every
eventuality but where do you draw the line? At the tin foil hat?

I just think it must be re-election season down there because he's just
getting on his soap box asking for Minister Conroy to make his town feel
all warm and fuzzy with the satellite beams from the wireless towers who
don't need power or fibre to feed them interbutts.