[AusNOG] Q about time zones especially UTC

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Fri Nov 23 13:59:33 EST 2012

On 23/11/2012, at 1:10 PM, Tony wrote:

> Even if you specify the timezone in your correspondence, lots of people tend to ignore it anyway and just assume local  time to where they are  (particularly Syd/Mel people during daylights savings - I'm in QLD)

Have had the same in the past.  I had a prolonged disagreement with a client when we talked about maintenance windows using EST.  His point was that the S was for Standard, and Qld was the odd one out (i.e. non-standard).  So Standard was what Sydney and Melbourne were on.

That was a long and frustrating conversation.

David