[AusNOG] Q about time zones especially UTC

Lloyd Wood lloyd.wood at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Nov 21 16:06:50 EST 2012

Only really for GPS broadcast.

For many satellites and spacecraft, thermal stress in day/night cycling contributes far more to clock drift than relativity does.

(best example of attempting to impose HQT and having it fail: Swatch Internet time, which was based on Bern local time rather than UTC, because that's where Swatch was headquartered)