[AusNOG] AWS and MS SPLA

Matthew Zobel matthew.zobel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:27:30 EST 2012

Hosted services can only legally be licensed via SPLA. License Mobility requires a signed agreement between the client, service provider and approval from Microsoft, and SPLA.

Having been through this with Microsoft in detail, to the best of my knowledge (IANAL) there would be no legal way to run windows on the platform without SPLA.

Sent from my iPhone