[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Mon Nov 12 16:09:35 EST 2012

On 12/11/12 3:30 PM, Joshua D'Alton wrote:
> AARNet is a special case though, just as the various other research
> networks around the world get peering. Level3 for example doesn't accept
> any new peering at all, yet there have been 4 since 2000, all research
> networks.

Some ISPs treat R&E networks as a special case but in the case of the
Verizon peering AARNet didn't get any special treatment (that I remember
anyway), we just followed their written policy and asked for peering,
set up the trial peering session as required and let Verizon determine
if our traffic levels met their requirements.

Mark.