[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Mon Nov 12 15:13:13 EST 2012

On 12/11/12 12:25 PM, Chris Ricks wrote:

> Even if a merger of M2, iiNet and TPG occurred, their traffic volume
> would not put them in a position to discuss settlement-free or SKA
> peering with any of the GoF without government intervention - that is
> the crux of the issue here.

I wouldn't put Verizon in the same box as the other three. They have a
written peering policy and if you satisfy the policy via a test peering
then you get to keep it.

AAPT had a policy (I wrote the first version :-) but it's a moving
target, at least it was when I last tried to use it to get peering.
Telstra's peering policy is mission impossible and Optus can't spell
peering.

Mark.