[AusNOG] Domestic Peering WAS: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Mon Nov 12 12:44:31 EST 2012

HE.net is a proper network. It isn't the same grade as some of the the
other tier 1s, and it is rumoured that it pays for some settlement, however
it is more than good enough to be in your BGP mix. They are probably the
3rd or 4th largest network indeed, only people like Akamai have as much
capacity floating around on the international stage.

Current deals are at $6k for 10Gbit in US and EU, though peering can be had
in EU for 2k/10Gbit and decent EU transit for $4.5k/10Gb through people
like Atrato and HW.