[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missing from PIPE-IX?

Cheyne Jonstone cjonstone at staff.ventraip.com
Thu Nov 8 14:29:06 EST 2012

We're having the exact same issue, and I've already put it up our Account
Manager at PIPE because it's beyond a joke.

All we are doing is a metro over to NextDC M1 and it's taken just shy of 8
weeks to actually get it up. First there were delays on the NextDC end
(which to their credit were promptly resolved), but we've now been waiting
5 weeks for the cross connect in 55 Crockford and STILL waiting although
have been promised it will be done by tomorrow.

I have no idea what's gone on between them, but they both might want to
take stock and look at how it's affecting their customers, especially when
there are companies like us who are customers of both PIPE and Vocus as it
doesn't put either of them in the greatest light.

Cheers,

Cheyne Jonstone
Chief Executive Officer

VentraIP Group (Australia) Pty Ltd
VentraIP (USA) LLC

au phone. +61 3 9024 5383
us phone. +1 (702) 949-2390
facsimile. +61 3 8080 6481

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 1:34 AM, Nathan Brookfield <
nathan.brookfield at serversaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> Skeeve,
>
> I can also talk first hand on the Inconvenience that this craziness
> 'putting it politely' has and is causing.
>
> I recently order two backhaul services from Vocus in DCM1 at 55 Crockford
> and DC3 148 Brunswick Street and during the process I was influenced to
> choose Vocus as my primary provider as the price was competitive and
> because they advised they would take care of the cross connects in both
> facilities which saved me time and effort.
>
> 2 weeks after the order was placed Vocus contacted me and advised that
> they were unable to have the cross connects completed as PIPE would not
> allow them to complete the work and that they had exhausted all avenues and
> would not be able to deliver the end services to me as they had promised
> even though I had stressed a strict timeline when ordering.
>
> It has now been an additional 5 weeks since the cross connects were
> requested from PIPE directly for a quotation and they are still not done
> even though one is within a facility Vocus owns in Melbourne but
> 'apparently' PIPE insist on using there own contractors for.
>
> Unbelievable customer impacting bull%#!@.
>
> Grow up guys!!!
>
> Nathan Brookfield
> Network Operations Manager
>
> Servers Australia Pty Ltd
> http://www.serversaustralia.com.au
>
> On 08/11/2012, at 0:30, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net>
> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> Is anyone willing to openly talk about what is going on with Vocus and
> Pipe?
>
> I know Pipe has evicted Vocus from most or all of its co-location
> facilities...
>
> I don't like seeing bullshit going on in this industry when we're all just
> trying to get a job done.  This is the sort of thing that eventually
> affects the players downstream and in the end no-one really benefits by big
> players having a fight.
>
> Who is pissed at who for what is the question?
>
> ...Skeeve
> *
>
> *
> *Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
> skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net
>
> Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve
>
> facebook.com/eintellego ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
> linkedin.com/in/skeeve
>
> twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net
>
> The Experts Who The Experts Call
> Juniper - Cisco – IBM - Brocade - Cloud
> -----
> Check out our Juniper promotion website for Oct/Nov!  eintellego.mx
> Free Apple products during this promotion!!!
>

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 7:53 PM, Brad Evans <brad at delion.com.au> wrote:
>
>>  Yeah I noticed their BGP session with PIPE IX went down this morning.
>>
>> Neighbor        V          AS MsgRcvd MsgSent   TblVer  InQ OutQ Up/Down  State/PfxRcd

> [...]

*The contents of this email are strictly private and confidential unless
otherwise noted and is intended for the marked recipients only. If you are
not a marked recipient please disregard and delete this email.*