[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Thu Nov 8 13:18:44 EST 2012

Sure, but the other value proposition for peering is also performance.
 It's efficient routing and uncongested connectivity to a whole mess of
ASs.  When EA was hosting at Webcentral I used to get 11Mb/s downloads to
my desk.

Obviously the commercials are a concern as transit prices drop and there's
a 'worth it' tipping point, but depending on your content delivery
strategy, those IX links can be produce some good results.

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.
e. chris at ionetworks.com.au