[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

Peter Adkins peter.adkins at kernelpicnic.net
Thu Nov 8 10:31:53 EST 2012

I agree with the comments regarding jumping to conclusions; surely this
situation could have been the result of a decision by either party?

We recently had to haul some fibres between floors in Adelaide to pick up
our Vocus services due to notification of equipment relocation from PIPE's
ADL facility. Vocus were good enough to pick up the slack and do a
co-build, but it'd be nice to know what was the cause - if anything in
particular.

We queried both our Vocus and PIPE account managers regarding the situation
but we received no indication of who instigated it. I understand that the
information may be commercially sensitive, but if your customers are having
to front cash in order to keep their services active it'd at least be nice
to know why.

- Peter