[AusNOG] Disaster Response best practices / summit / gathering

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 10:56:02 EST 2012

Hi Ausnog

My thoughts and well wishes are with those affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Obviously Disasters happen and would be useful for us as the Australia
Internet community to learn from this and other similar issues so how we
can improve our own Internet Infrastructure, our ability to be prepared and
respond to these types of events is critical to ensuring stability of the
Internet.

So I'd like to see if there is interest in having a "Internet
infrastructure" summit?

No dates, confirmed yet, but my thoughts are we could host this at Google
AU(pending availability).   The objective is to share information and
developed Internet industry community support around disaster response and
preparedness.

If your interested in participating please fill in this form:

http://goo.gl/yegT8

Best Regards
   Phillip