[AusNOG] Apologies, bandwidth trading

Joshua D'Alton joshua at railgun.com.au
Tue May 29 18:21:35 EST 2012

It is definitely a viable business model and economy of scale will come in
where some/many IXes are not able to provide. What I would be more
interested in is more like a co-operative or consortium, whereby all the
members benefit by the scale but aren't necessarily tied down to products
that could be eaten up as it were. AU is a quite unique market, what with
raw pricing being far higher than the rest of the world, and the relative
stranglehold the big 4 have in last mile and even just in general, plus the
size and density, NBN, etc etc. I'd be hesitant to invest a lot into it,
but as a perspective customer as long as the risk is managed I'd be very
keen on seeing the product develop and mature.

Josh