[AusNOG] Business Router

Mike Everest ausnog at duxtel.com
Fri May 18 00:00:28 EST 2012

> Double check against your needs though, because it doesn't do the full range of stateful firewalling, anti >
> virus, etc, that you might get from a Cisco or juniper.

It actually does do a pretty thorough job of stateful firewall - no less than 50 independent attributes to match, and can translate
every one of them on the fly ;-)

Although you could probably use the regex match on packet/stream content to build some rudimentary virus scanning, there are no
readily available virus databases you can subscribe to, so I agree that you'd need separate appliances for those application level
jobs :-}

Cheers!

Mike Everest.
All things Mikrotik: http://shop.duxtel.com.au