[AusNOG] What's Typical Power Density in Colo?

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Fri May 4 10:53:26 EST 2012

On 04May12, Craig Small allegedly wrote:

> The newer DCs are going more into the POD arrangements or other clever
> physical topologies to help with getting the cooling sorted. In some
> situations the cooling is THE limit to worry about.

I'm not so familiar with recent AU DCs, but I was under the impression
that cooling dominated most DC limits. Maybe that's only true for
dedicated DCs.

Out of interest, do many folk use wheelable racks? In DCs where each
rack can have very different heat characteristics I've seen racks
physically re-arranged to smooth out the heat distribution. Surprisingly
I've seen these in shakey California where they also strap down some
kit...

Mark.