[AusNOG] Bandwidth in Phillip Island

Alex Maclaren alex.maclaren at cirruscomms.com.au
Fri May 4 09:46:00 EST 2012

I beg to differ of all this discussion about the EIRP limits in Australia
meaning wireless link distances can only be 2-3km.

We have many links of over 15km operating at legal limits.

It is just a matter of having enough gain on your dishes.

For instance, if you have two BulletM5 radios and 27dbi grid dishes, over
10km operating in the 5.4GHz range, your theoretical signal is -72dBm.

This would be more than enough signal to achieve full modulation on the
link.

Regards,

Alex Maclaren
Network Operations Analyst
Cirrus Communications Pty Ltd

t|:

1300 552 698

f|:

1300 556 790

e|:

alex.maclaren at cirruscomms.com.au

w|:

http://www.cirruscomms.com.au/

New Signiture

This is an e-mail from Cirrus Communications Pty Ltd. It is confidential to
the named addressee and may contain copyright and/or legally privileged
information. No-one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in
reliance on all or any of it or its attachments. If you receive this email
in error, please telephone us on +61 2 4336 2000 or email
info at cirruscomms.com.au.