[AusNOG] UK ISP's told to block P2P

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Thu May 3 16:41:52 EST 2012

Maybe we're looking at this all wrong and are being gamed completely:

Read this 2010 article: http://torrentfreak.com/pirates-are-the-music-industrys-most-valuable-customers-100122/

Compared to music buyers, music sharers (pirates) are…

* 31% more likely to buy single tracks online.
* 33% more likely to buy music albums online.
* 100% more likely to pay for music subscription services.
* 60% more likely to pay for music on mobile phone.

Maybe the whole idea is to turn us all into pirates because pirates are more likely to buy stuff from them thus their sales and profits go up?

MMC