[AusNOG] UK ISP's told to block P2P

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Wed May 2 14:46:26 EST 2012

Yeah, how terrifying - to be personally named in a law suit for doing your
job.  I suppose there's a lesson here about potentially having to say 'no'
when asked to do things you feel may be questionably legal.  I wonder how
one could protect one's self if they were unsure as to the legality.

Any lawyers got an opinion on how much, if any, precedent that case may be
able to provide to TPB?  My personal opinion would be not much - while TPB
certainly knows it's linking to places off-site you can get illegal
content, but doesn't actively maintain any of the infrastructure used to
provide it and has no control over it.  We learned a lot from MegaUpload..

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.
e. chris at ionetworks.com.au