[AusNOG] OT: Police Wardriving. Where else but QLD!

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Sat Mar 24 01:05:46 EST 2012

I think a good approach would be to model internet access related laws
after trespassing laws.
That is to say one needs a lawful excuse to use somebody elses WiFi.

While one may not actually be anywhere near the property, the wifi
signals they would be sending could be considered the
trespassing equivalent of lobbing bricks through somebodys window!

Placing the onus on the customer to adequately secure access is a bad
idea as it is the equivalent of suggesting that somebody can walk
through your house simply because you forgot to lock the door...