[AusNOG] OT: Police Wardriving. Where else but QLD!

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Mar 23 12:43:07 EST 2012

I'd suggest that they would just bolt it to many or all police vehicles and run it passively.

I'd further suggest that they'd see if they could find out their IP address through an Internet-accessible probe, and if so, record the IP, and then contact the ISP for subscriber information to mail out information, determine address, and to follow up with.

The article Mentions WEP. It would be interesting to see them either sit outside your house and crack your WEP, determine your IP, then send you a letter in the post, else they would have to triangulate your address or figure out where signal was strongest and have a guess as to which house you are in.

If they weren't going to do it house by house I guess they automatically target streets or blocks where WEP points were detected, but, srsly, if this isn't automated, it's an impossible mission.

I'm considering setting aside some honeypots to see If I can watch the watchers watching me.

S.