[AusNOG] Stupid web browser behaviour Was: My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Craig Askings craig at askings.com.au
Thu Mar 15 14:20:48 EST 2012

Hi Geoff,

Are you noticing a difference in ipv6 preference when dual stacked
depending on which web browser being used? Can you even detect browsers
that have just decided to stop using ipv6 even though it is available?

<rant>

For example on my dual stack connection at home when I go to
(http://labs.apnic.net/measureipv6/) it works first time with Firefox
but fails with Chrome because it has yet again decided to stop asking
for AAAA records.

For those playing along at home go to chrome://net-internals/#dns in
chrome and see what it has decided to use as it's "Default address family"

</rant>