[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Mar 14 13:43:15 EST 2012

On 14/03/2012 10:25 AM, Nicholas Meredith wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Does that Netcomm and other gear in that same leage actually support v6 properly?
> Does it run a v6 DNS masquerade? Will RA correctly assign v6 DNS to hosts? Is DHCP6
> supported? Simply routing v6 isn't enough, they need to be able to operate 100% v6
> only, and I'd be surprised if it does that. Billions and a few others maybe, anyone
> got more accurate details on excactly what is still incomplete with CPE for
> home/soho users?

My little Netgear does IPv6 sufficiently well to allow all my IPv6-enabled devices to
work when IPv4 is disabled - even automatically setting up a tunnel to HE if it can't
detect the local ISP is providing IPv6.
There is a certification process for CE that vendors are starting to submit to - you
can see the certification functionality
http://www.iol.unh.edu/services/testing/ipv6/cerouter.php.
Paul

--
Paul Brooks               |         Mob +61 414 366 605
Layer 10 Advisory         |         Ph  +61 2 9402 7355