[AusNOG] My Predictions for the ISP Industry

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Mar 14 09:26:47 EST 2012

I reckon once customers can actually get V6 and websites start
supporting it, we'll see all the dodgy IPv4 hacks, (carrier nat etc)
still happen so they can maintain  IPv4 connectivity and around that
point they will just say, we "support" the IPv6 interweb. What's that
you're having problems with "insert old computer game" or "magic
productivity application" I guess they are too old, they are unsupported
using that old standard, ipv6 has been around for a decade now don't you
know?

Telstra(bigpond?) has been using private address ranges on its 3G
Internet for a while plays merry hell with VPN's when the private ip
telstra allocates sits inside the range of the VPN target.