[AusNOG] [off-topic] Computer off, save power...simple stuff.

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Fri Mar 9 20:16:55 EST 2012

Just so long as its better than AMP,
Their call centre desktops take 10 minutes to go from cold boot to
login, then another 10 to become usable.
They aren't lightweight machines either, core2 with 2gb ram.

Currently the staff leave their computers on 24/7 just because of how
long they take to start, forcing an extra 10 minutes wait by making a
login each morning would probably get you lynched ;->