[AusNOG] Water in Fibre cables

Schulz, Jason Jason.Schulz at cba.com.au
Fri Mar 9 11:49:47 EST 2012

·         The construction profile of fibre cables being laid by the NBN from the exchange (redundant term in the NBN world??) to the home.
I remember in a previous life specifying optical cables with an armoured housing designed to resist burrowing wombats….
Not sure NBNCo is going that far.

Again in a difference previous life, we went armoured for a specific area in the south of the Sydney CBD after a series of failures due to vermin. There was/is a large concentration of restaurants nearby…

Jason.

This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information which may be
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient please advise the sender by return email, do not use or
disclose the contents, and delete the message and any attachments from your system. Unless
specifically indicated, this email does not constitute formal advice or commitment by the sender
or the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124) or its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted through our web site: commbank.com.au.
If you no longer wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please reply to this
e-mail by typing Unsubscribe in the subject line.