[AusNOG] IPv6 DNS Providers in Australia

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Tue Jun 26 11:29:33 EST 2012

On 26Jun12, Mark Andrews allegedly wrote:

> > To be fair, pretty much every part of the infrastructure has been

> Which just isn't true.  Recursive servers have pretty handled unknown
> types from day dot.

I don't want to be-labour an obvious point. But you're talking about
the code on your download servers or stuff deployed in the core. I'm
talking about the reality out to the edge where the traffic is
actually consumed and generated by crufty corps and govt. departments
still running Exchange 2000 on NT servers, along with smallbiz happily
using a multitude of 3rd party apps and libraries written by
long-defunct s/w vendors.

As others have said, ipv6 deployment is the poster child of how the
edge and core are two completely different beasts and may well be
getting differenterer by the day.

Mark.