[AusNOG] Telstra's Texan Teaser - Tin Foil Stetsun anyone?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Jun 26 09:16:53 EST 2012

Didn't want to write a novel, but send this to someone off list so
anyways - I agree with you all:

  I also believe the story I was told was BS, perhaps something to just
get me off the phone, as I had come through 6 different departments
trying to explain an issue that I would not expect Level 1/2 tech to
understand. However, the story given is to be slated as a representation
of the company as it was a company representative, which I can now use
at my disposal with ACCC to garner further information from them, i.e.
they take the info to Telstra, Telstra say that's not correct, ACCC
should be forced to ask for the real reason these servers are following
my history and hopefully provide that back to me if they feel consumer
rights are being violated. Hopefully. (Waiting to speak to ACCC now).

  As a web developer, it can be quite annoying, as checking back through
my logs on mobile sites, they inflate my 'hit counting' and mainly
browser statistics (from log analysis) as they represent as Windows XP
using Firefox 3, or something close to that, also inflating some of my
google analytics  (as in some places I am using PHP-GA rather than
JavaScript), so I'd like it stopped on that behalf also.