[AusNOG] Telstra's Texan Teaser - Tin Foil Stetsun anyone?

Solly, Matthew matt at mtt.me
Mon Jun 25 18:16:11 EST 2012

However this doesn't make sense either. The follow up GET requests only occur through two APNs - telstra.internet and telstra.iph. What about the numerous smartphones that use telstra.wap instead, or any of the numerous other APNs available to Telstra customers? It appears to be the proxy server used for telstra.internet and telstra.iph that triggers the request, not some billing process.

I'm not really buying it and the "explanation" from Level 2 tech makes no more sense than Craig Middleton's "part of normal network operation".

Matt