[AusNOG] IPv6 DNS Providers in Australia

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Jun 25 15:38:04 EST 2012

In message <98518DB27649AF4EAFB2E355F71E60508B71006F at ISRV-EXCH-1.conexim.local>
, Jonathan Thorpe writes:
> Hi All,
>
> We do - we can't compete with some of the prices seen here, but it's hosted w
> ithin Australia from two separate data centres:
> http://www.conexim.com.au/dnsservices.php
>
> Redundant primary/secondary, queries accepted over IPv6 and we support AAAAs
> and long TXT records for DKIM.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Jonathan

RFC 3597 was written nearly a decade ago now.  There really is no
excuse for any provider not accepting any type of DNS record.  This
we only support types A, B, C and D does no one any favours and
just makes it harder to deploy anything new.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka at isc.org