[AusNOG] Does anyone know - iPad gurus?

Stephen Gillies max at 3rdbasenetworks.net.au
Mon Jun 25 15:04:30 EST 2012

Hey Skeeve

Happy to help you with this. For any sizable roll out you should be
looking at Mobile Device Management (MDM). There are lots of options out
there but I'd concentrate on the ones listed in Gartners MDM magic quadrant.

The issue with the Apple configuration tool is that it's a provisioning
tool, not a management tool, so for any kind of ongoing management and
the ability to locate, selectively wipe, deploy applications, etc you
should be looking to MDM.

MobileIron are the industry leaders, and there are 4 of us in Australia.
Deployment is SaaS, hybrid cloud or onsite. MobileIron integrates with
AD/LDAP and certificate services as well as a number of SSL VPN solutions.

We support multiple tablet operating systems.

Stephen 'max' Gillies
max at 3rdbasenetworks.net.au
sgillies at mobileiron.com