[AusNOG] Telstra's Texan Teaser - Tin Foil Stetsun anyone?

Brad Gould brad.gould at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 11:52:54 EST 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Aqius <aqius at lavabit.com> wrote:

> Assuming results are on the money (which seems fair – someone’s even
> tested it with the same phone and found behaviour only effects the Telstra
> sim), I honestly can’t see how this would be for tracking purposes.

How is this not "tracking" - a third party is not only receiving a copy of
your mobile URL's requested - they are using that info and then requesting
the same page.

The browsing habits of Telstra's entire mobile network would be rather
valuable information for advertisers I'd think, especially if you could
cross-reference that to the data they eyeball (i.e. analyze the visited
webpages).