[AusNOG] Telstra manipulating DNS to block botnets

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Wed Jun 20 11:57:58 EST 2012

On 20/06/2012 11:40 AM, Mark Andrews wrote:
> As for centerlink there are alternatives to using the home internet.

The scary thing is, unless you want to brave the local library (and can
find someone to talk you through doing it), they're very quickly pushing
everyone to have the internet at home..

My mother was telling me last week how they had to help their 90yo
neighbour setup a gmail account, and then sign up for centrelink online
services, because the *only* way to claim the new carbon rebate for
pensioners (where they get $x/year back for running a CPAP, electric
wheelchair, etc), is via the centrelink website - and it's not from a
section available via the computers that you can use *at* centrelink?!
that rather blew me away as stupidity in the extreme..?

Cheers,

DG

--
Damien Gardner Jnr