[AusNOG] TX/RX Conventions

Glen Turner gdt at gdt.id.au
Sat Jun 16 12:24:02 EST 2012

On 13/06/12 15:17, Lincoln Dale wrote:

> may be harder for you to write such a thing into a spec, but this is one
> nice thing about camera cmos sensors and no filter blocking said parts
> of the spectrum.

If you had a write a spec you'd simply require "the use of a Optical
Fault Indicator or equivalent". Where the equivalent might well be a
phone camera :-)

Though personally, any fiber tech that ran cross-cabinet cable patching
without giving me a loss report would be going back to do that job
again. Testing will identify the correspondence of the ports.

In-pit CWDM equipment expects the Tx from the central office to be on
the lower numbered core. So that's the convention worth following for
something more complex than a within-building cross-connect.

-glen