[AusNOG] IPv6 is hard.

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Fri Jul 20 14:10:06 EST 2012

On 20/07/2012, at 10:30 AM, Don Gould wrote:

> On 20/07/2012 11:48 a.m., Kevin Karp wrote:
>> Hi Don
>>
>> >So much new kit I've looked at recently that doesn't have even a hint
>> of v6 in it, I'm just not bothering.

Yay.  Love the give up attitude.  Can't make it perfect so won't try.  It's a process, a journey, and adventure, live it, don't sulk.

Single stack is a long way off.  Somethings won't have dual stack for a while, but doesn't mean you should do what you can with the devices that matter.
Some of the embedded devices I have don't do dual stack, but doesn't stop me getting IPv6 working for the Macs, servers, etc I've got so I can move some traffic across and start making things better.

<sigh>

MMC