[AusNOG] IPv6 is hard.

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Fri Jul 20 10:35:14 EST 2012

I've been having good out of the box v6 experiences lately too.
 Unbeknownst to me, something had gone wrong with the DHCP server at home
and since I access everything by name, it wasn't until I tried to ping
something on the console and saw the address resolve to a link local that I
found out I had no Internet, as everything the local LAN had kept running
on v6 when their v4 addresses went away.  How I love link local.

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.
e. chris at ionetworks.com.au