[AusNOG] IPv6 is hard.

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Thu Jul 19 20:46:27 EST 2012

On 5/07/2012 2:31 p.m., Mark Newton wrote:
> I don't think it's going to be realistic to do v6-only for
> quite some time.
>
> At the very least, some lagacy NATted IPv4 connectivity will be
> needed.

Ok... so building 'my new project', I'll just set up the NATv4 and put
off the v6 stuff, like everyone else is doing, till the time is right...

I'm really really starting to wonder if we're taking this v6 stuff
seriously at all or just going to spend the next decade getting smarter
and smarter at using v4.

So much new kit I've looked at recently that doesn't have even a hint of
v6 in it, I'm just not bothering.

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau