[AusNOG] Cisco 819 on Telstra NextG (IPWAN)

Johnny Brandis jcbrandis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:13:24 EST 2012

Afternoon All,

After many years of deploying 1841's with a 3G HWIC, I have received my
first bunch of Cisco 819's to replace the ageing, yet reliable fleet of
routers. Anyone embarked on the same scope of works, and if so, can they
share experiences around PPP not being supported on cell interfaces and the
new chat scripts, mainly on telstra IPWAN (or this weeks product name).
Feel free to contact me off-list.

A few things have changed, and prefer not to lock myself into a 24month
contract to spin up a test SIM connecting to the IPWAN for my customer.

Sorry for the spam, and have a great day.

JB in Sydney.