[AusNOG] AAPT metro Ethernet

Eric Pinkerton Eric.Pinkerton at stratsec.net
Mon Jul 2 16:52:29 EST 2012

Here's how I see it...

1.       Cleaner unplugs a rack to plug in the hoover......

2.       Root Cause Analysis = Crisps on server room floor....

3.       Reason For Outage = Hoover needs longer cable...

4.       Post Incident Review = Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, an external third party running some complex equipment in an effort to resolve existing issues momentarily rerouted a dependant service causing momentary isolated disruptions to a few customers.  However our highly skilled personal were able to override this change, and restore all services to normal in less than 38 minutes.  A full investigation has been undertaken to understand the exact cause of this issue, and steps are being taken to ensure it cannot reoccur.

5.       Action taken = 'No food' sticker ordered for server room door.

6.       Cleaner unplugs a rack to plug in the hoover......

--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg