[AusNOG] AAPT metro Ethernet

Jeffrey Sims jeffy at tehintartubes.net
Mon Jul 2 13:51:29 EST 2012

I'm sorry, AAPT have abilities? I have spent 3 weeks proving to them that
their "QOS/COS" has been stripping our marked routing protocol packets
across our ELINE LAN. Causing protocols to flap as heavily as every 90
seconds because the packet gets dropped by their policer. After 3
escalations, they finally looked at the data (2 x Wireshark captures) I did
which conclusively proved the packet left tagged and never arrived at the
other end or if it did, it had its tagging precedence stripped. In those 3
weeks I had one "Analyst" tell me QOS wasn't at fault, another tell me they
had tweaked it and a 3rd tell me they were incorrectly policing our
multicast packets. So I don't trust AAPT as far as I can throw them. If
Pipe was available in the areas our offices were, I would have pushed
heavily to drop AAPT as a supplier in favour of Pipe Networks.

You ask Pipe for an RFO, you ask AAPT for an RFO, you get a bag full of
excuses why they shouldn't do it hoping you'll forget about it and go away.