[AusNOG] Urgent- cisco rollover cable brisbane

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Tue Jan 17 21:09:12 EST 2012

I gave up on carrying around a USB->Serial adaptor for similar reasons and
because I already carry around an RB450G (handy for temporarily replacing
various devices when you're in a bind) with which you can create an ssh
user/pass that is forwarded out directly over the serial port.

It's also come in handy for when I've wanted to give a vendor direct access
to a malfunctioning device to troubleshoot without needing to give
rdp/vnc/teamviewer access to my machine.

Andrew Cox