[AusNOG] Data Suburb

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Tue Jan 3 16:36:48 EST 2012

Hey guys,

I've actually had a tour through there last year and chatted with the CEO.  It's an amazing story.   If anyone has seen "Enron - The Smartest Guys in the Room" and remember the part where Enron were going to build a bandwidth trading floor?  Well this is what was made from the remnants of that.  One thing Enron had access to was power.  I think it's 100MW at this site.

I know they were looking to buy an old steel mill site in another state and the 500MW power station that came with it when I was there.  So an even bigger facility/campus is probably on the cards.  I think it was a Bethlehem Steel site.

Anyway very impressive facility all-round.

Cheers

[b]