[AusNOG] Wireless Survey Recommendations

Tom.Minchin at csiro.au Tom.Minchin at csiro.au
Mon Feb 13 12:49:35 EST 2012

Hi Rick,

We've had good success with doing "predictive wireless surveys". You can buy software which looks at your floor plans and estimates coverage, AP locations and potential issues. Tells you what kind of gear and antenna you should use.

However, DESA does it for us for about $500 using their copy of whatever software it is. Otherwise we were looking at spending tens of thousands on wireless surveys (which you could have been putting into buy equipment or saving money).

Tom