[AusNOG] John Linton has passed

Shaun McGuane shaun at rackcentral.com.au
Thu Feb 2 11:28:41 EST 2012

Agreed Bevan Sad day it is.

A message from his son James on Whirlpool

------------------------------

Yesterday my dad was doing what he liked doing best. Eating at a nice
restaurant, drinking nice wines , and talking about the state of the
telecommunications market in Australia, and the various companies that make
this up.

At lunch he suffered what was thought to be a mild stroke, and was
immediately taken to St Vincents hospital. He was conscious in the
ambulance, responding to their questions, but when he got to the hospital he
had trouble breathing and they needed to put him into a medically induced
coma and put him on a ventilator to help him breathe. Unfortunately it
turned out to be a very intensive stroke and there was nothing the doctors
could do, without killing him in an operation or leaving him severely brain
damaged. So last night, with most of my family present, his ventilator was
turned off and a few hours later he passed away peacefully.

This is the saddest day of my life, I have lost my dad, my mentor, my boss,
and one of my best friends.

However dad would not want us fussing over him, he would want to know what
we have sold, which was actually one of the last things I said to him. He
would also want Exetel to go on as he had planned for it to. He put in a
place a strategic plan, so we need to move on as he had wanted us to, and
remember him for the great man he was.

If any of you feel like buying my mum and family flowers, I would ask that
you instead make a donation to his favourite charity, the Royal Society for
the Protection of Birds;  <http://www.rspb.org.uk/> http://www.rspb.org.uk/

James Linton

------------------------------

Condolences

Shaun McGuane |  Managing Director

RackCentral   |  Level M1 / 525 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Tel: 03 8618 6888  |  Fax: 03 8612 6980 | Mobile: 0437 633 491

email:  <mailto:shaun at rackcentral.com.au> shaun at rackcentral.com.au   |  web:
<http://www.rackcentral.com.au/> www.rackcentral.com.au

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other
information expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed
by the sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender