[AusNOG] ubiquitous peering

Simon Allard Simon.Allard at team.orcon.net.nz
Fri Dec 21 08:34:05 EST 2012

In New Zealand the Chorus has relaxed their fibre rules, and now it's quite easy for access seekers to run fibres between different company access seeker racks.

It's really changed how ISP's peer and do business. Before the Auckland Skytower used to be the only place ISP's could peer/do business but now there are a number of exchanges being used.

Chorus have done very well due to increased sales of foot print space and duct rental revenue.

Maybe Telstra will see what's happened in NZ  and change their mind? (Dreams are free!)